Monday, April 7, 2008

5 Things

Something thrilling happened last week that made me feel like a real blogger. I was tagged by another favorite blogger over at relaxed alert for a five things meme. This is not something I had ever heard of before, but I now feel legitimized somehow thanks to b. Be sure to check out her blog.

First, the rules:
1. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
2. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment letting them know they've been tagged and to ask them to play along and to read your blog.

What I was doing 10 years ago - 1998
1. Working with a great bunch of folks on the Compaq business and flying back and forth to Houston twice a week. I have still not used all those frequent flyer miles, but I am still friends with many of those colleagues.
2. Looking forward to what would turn out to be my last summer share in Sag Harbor - one of my favorite Hamptons towns. The next year we would have to switch houses (to Bridgehampton) because our regular summer headquarters would get sold to Spalding Gray.
3. Enjoying my first year in my own roommate free apartment. Loved all my roommates, by the way, but felt very grownup to have my own one-bedroom on the Upper West Side.
4. Finally starting to admit that Terry was more than "this guy that I've been dating"
5. Working too much, but enjoying life.

Five things on my to-do list today
1. Clarify who's covering my accounts while I'm on maternity leave
2. Watch The Bachelor
3. Write thank you notes
4. Confirm that my cleaning lady can resume the regular schedule on Friday now that my renovation is nearly done!!!!!! (pix up soon)
5. Start putting my apartment back in order

Snacks I enjoy
1. Cheddar cheese
2. Gruyere cheese
3. Brie cheese
4. Fresh mozzarella cheese
5. Smoked gouda cheese

Things I would do if I were a billionaire
1. Live in a classic six on Central Park West or a loft in Tribeca. Either way - I would have ample terrace space with an outdoor grill and a kick a#$ walk in closet.
2. Have a house in Montauk or Amagansset with a heli pad. Can't take the traffic on route 27.
3. Travel extensively
4. Hire a driver and a personal assistant
5. Dedicate more time to my family's charity (The Bud Traynor Memorial Fund)

Five of my bad habits
1. I am usually very efficient, but sometimes I can be a terrible procrastinator (as I've written before, I still haven't ordered wedding pictures. I've been married for almost 9 years)
2. I am extremely OCD about keeping the apartment neat. I drive my husband crazy and I'm not so sure I'll be able to survive parenthood without therapy.
3. I don't cook
4. I am terrible at returning phone calls. Hate talking on the phone.
5. I watch the crappiest tv ever made (I've got this one in common with b)

Five places I have lived
1. Port Washington, NY
2. Bethlehem, PA
3. Upper East Side, NYC (East End Ave)
4. Upper West Side, NYC (W 95th St and W 75th St)
5. Washington Heights, NYC


Five jobs I've had
1. Bakery counter girl (people used to come in with their own platters and buy things they were going to pass off as home made)
2. Hostess in a Middleeastern restaurant
3. Gymnastics coach
4. Sales girl at Victoria's Secret (most fun job ever. I could tell you stories for an hour straight.)
5. Various jobs in Advertising for the past 15 years





I tag Andrea, John and Carmen [Carmen - this will force you to write a post ;)]

5 comments:

b said...

Yay! Well done. And did you write on my blog that you are having your baby this week???? Can't wait to read all about it. Good luck!

-b

JAV said...

Thanks, b! I'm having the baby a week from today. Monday the 14th. And my kitchen will be done tomorrow. Very exciting times all around. Thanks for tagging me - it was fun!

John said...

Victoria's Secret worker!? Someday when I have an hour, I wouldn't mind the stories.

Also - Cheese is my favorite fruit also.

Good luck next week! and congrats on wrapping up the kitchen in time. You are the first person on the face of the planet to pull that off.

Carmen said...

Wow Joan! Amazing that Baby Voltz is to arrive in just a week! Also, good to "hear" that the kitchen is almost done. I can't wait to see the pics, of the kitchen and the baby!! Have any preps been made for the babies arrival? I am sure they have and that everything will be perfect. You are right, I am now forced to post on my blog. Will try to get that done ASAP. Take care! Carmen

Andrea said...

wow, just a few more days now until BABY! Good luck and I'll think of you on Monday.

And I promise to honor my tag--thank you.