Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What on earth am I going to do this Sunday?

I just can't let it go. I've been keeping all the sports sections from the newspapers this week. I bought The Daily News (which I never read) on Monday because they had a special edition 40 page Super Bowl section. I will savor every minute of the season's last Inside the NFL which will be on HBO tonight. I can't wait for this weekend when I have the time to watch the game again - which I may never erase off TiVO. I am totally smitten with this team of mine and I don't want to face the fact that this unfathomable season is over.

Indulge me one more time. I promise to find another topic to fixate on for upcoming posts (a kitchen renovation or the state of denial I'm in about a child coming to live with us soon both come to mind).

In the meantime, here are some pictures that I find fun:


Our work here is done...


My mother's sage words brought to life, "Super models don't like losers."



New Yorkers line the Canyon of Heroes


It's so great to see these Giants so excited - even cynical, trash-talking Michael Strahan has his video camera out to capture the day. How cute is that?


Well, as of Monday, I guess we're all undefeated. Can't wait for Week 1...

2 comments:

robwitham said...

I slept the day away yesterday; what a bummer!!!

And the Pro Bowl never counts! Hee hee.....

JAV said...

blue67ccm - I never bother to watch the Pro Bowl. Can't get into it.

Did you know that Inside the NFL is over for good? I thought it was just the season - but that was it entirely. The show is off the air. I'm so disappointed - I think it's the best one out there. No one gets film like they get - and I love the commentators.

Oh well. All good things come to an end...