Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ready for his closeup...

I'm sure we've all been frustrated by government bureaucracy at some point. How can we be (arguably) the most powerful nation on earth, yet have our entire presidential election process yield a questionable result because of sloppy hole punching and antiquated voting machines? Why is filing tax returns so difficult that most people have to hire a professional to have confidence that a mistake hasn't been made? Making sickly and elderly folks navigate medicare? Don't get me started.


So here's one that cracks me up. Why are photos required for infant passports? Brendan will no longer look like his photo even by the time the booklet arrives in the mail. I'm all for airport security, but this passport will be valid for five years. He'll still be sporting this document through kindergarten. Am I the only one who thinks this is silly?

Going postal



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys have a trip planned?

JAV said...

Yep - but not until late August. Just wanted to make sure the paperwork had time to process. Can't wait - taking a vaca with the whole Voltz and Traynor clans.

Anonymous said...

I don't know. He looks looks pretty suspicious. I don't know whether it's the onesie, or the cute teeny-people feet.

JAV said...

Michelleh - I agree, his behavior has been very suspicious. Sometimes he sleeps through the night. Sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes he's amused by peek-a-boo. Sometimes he isn't. It's like he's trying to evade us all the time....