Saturday, January 19, 2008

Anniversary

It was exactly one year ago today that I tried to jam a quick doctor's appointment in before a conference call and out of the clear blue was told I had a brain tumor. After a few moments of genuine confusion, it sunk in a little and I actually started laughing. I was clearly in shock - although it was a little funny when you consider the tetanus shot story. It was a pretty dramatic start to the year (I skipped the conference call, by the way).

Yes, 2007 was an intense year to say the least. And some of you only know the half of it. It's time to fess up: I've been keeping a secret. Any of you who have seen me recently already know. As for the rest of you, click here.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Joan - what is that? You look great but I hate to tell you but you might need to cut back on the cheese!

Anonymous said...

oldewoman/purple chai --

Yay! Mazel tov!

robwitham said...

Wow! Whoa!!

And you didn't blog about it? You should be nominated for Best Blogger Ever!!

Congratulations! For the baby AND for being able to wait to announce it...ah, show it. You look great!

P.S.---I've always said a woman always looks the prettiest, the most beautiful, when they are with child. I know my wife was. :)

Anonymous said...

Terry spilled the beans about it, and hopefully passed along my congrats! You look great!

And Congrats too on the Giants! I wish I was still in Arizona - you guys could have stayed with me!

b said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

What a year you have had!

-b

Anonymous said...

wow! What an amazing year. You look fabulous!

Congrats on your pregnancy and the big win. I can't believe you kept it a secret for so long!

Here's to a happy and healthy baby and mom.

Anonymous said...

yeah baby !and yeah giants! love you.. maybe a giant baby?...N

JAV said...

Hey, guys. Thanks for all the nice words. Fun times, huh?

N - I don't know about a Giants baby. At my last appointment, my doctor did tell me that I'm having a "very solid baby. nothing mushy in there." What the hell does that mean!? Yikes...

jv

Unknown said...

Congrats!! So exciting. And you look FAB.

I had a baby boy in April... he's an absolute blast. Too much fun.

JAV said...

Thanks, Tracy. Congrats to you, too!