Sunday, January 13, 2008

I've never been so happy to see a grown man cry...

I admit now that I didn't have enough faith. I never thought we'd be here. I did not expect to see the Giants become one half of the NFC Championship match up. But here we are - on our way to Green Bay.

Not only did we beat Dallas tonight in an amazing nail biter of a game that literally could have gone either way until the final nine seconds, but we actually made Terrell Owens cry. I kid you not - in case you missed it, he actually cried at the press conference following the game. There, there. It's ok, TO. You're on vacation. Go enjoy your millions in the off season.

My brother, Brendan, and I watched the game at his place, and neither one of us could believe what happened. After the game was over, we rewound the DVR and re-watched the final four minutes just to be sure. Here's a picture of us after the win.

If anyone wants to watch the Championship game with us, we'll be at The Montauket next week. Join us there. Unless you're a cheese head. In which case - better bring some tissues.

(Side note: This is a switch. Peyton's done before Eli?)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even I watched that game! Congratulations. It's so fun when your team wins. I mostly wanted the Cowboys to lose, because they call themselves God's Team or something obnoxious like that.

JAV said...

Hey,Andrea! Glad you watched the game. Yes - Dallas is obnoxious. And TO was infamously dropped from the Eagles for believing that HE was God himself. Of course Dallas was the perfect place for him...

jv

Pie Traynor said...

Can you say Bipolar??

JAV said...

Good point, Pie. Since Romo has Jessica, maybe we can pair TO up with Britney. Thanks for having us over to watch the game...

Anonymous said...

I was thrilled for the Gints (made it even more fun that Dave was pulling for Dallas). But really bummed about the Colts - I was sooo hoping for Manning vs. Manning!

Anonymous said...

(fill in the blank) is my quarterback

Romo
T.O.
GW Bush
Jerry Seinfeld
The actress from Juno
Barney the Purple Dinosaur
My red stapler

...anything you put into that sentence if funny. T.O. may be a crybaby but he's a rhetorical genius.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJHb9m4ccmQ

JAV said...

Yi Lai - I always knew Hitler was a Cowboys fan!