Thursday, July 5, 2007

Circular logic

They say the first step toward overcoming an addiction is admitting you have a problem. It's been pointed out to me that I may have an issue (thank you DM), but I don't think I have the strength to face it. Do I need an intervention?

My friend has a good design eye, and when he recently visited my apartment, he noticed a certain circular proclivity.








Do I have to stop the madness or should I embrace this tendency? Maybe it's just my thing. A signature, if you will.

Here's the problem. I love this deco inspired mirror with beveled edges and etched CIRCLES, and want to buy it for my bedroom. Should I just say no, or can I put my head in the sand and act like I don't have a problem?


Before you answer, you should consider the pattern on the last two dresses I bought:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say go for it! Circles are symetry. Besides, the mirror does go with the rest of your decor!

JAV said...

Thanks, Helen. I think I've already decided that circles are a pretty harmless addiction and the mirror certainly won't be the last straw.

A therapist could probably tell me the root of all of this. In a chaotic world, a circle provides calming perfection? Maybe it's that they're innocuous and it turns out I have no taste?

jv