Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Women Tell All so I don't have to...

It's Sunday night, and I still haven't written up last week's Bachelor. I'm really sorry for my lameness. This week was filled with inconvenient Bachelor delays. I watched the sunrise on Wednesday morning - from the runway at LaGuardia. Yuck. Then I spent just a little under 20 hours over the course of two days in a cramped conference room with 25 people in PowerPoint hell.

After my zombie-state-inducing week, I thought I would get to the write up over the weekend. But that, too, was jam packed. I worked until 9:00 on Friday night, met with a kitchen designer on Saturday before heading out to the wilds of Brooklyn for a friend's birthday and then entertained my cousin who's visiting from London on Sunday (after watching my Giants beat Detroit). No Bachelor time.

So here it is, Sunday night, and I'm so tired. I don't really have the energy to give the play by play of last week's jilted women episode. Lame (me. not the episode).

I'm going to just leave you with some topline thoughts on my favorite moments, and we'll move on to tomorrow's episode.

  • First of all, can I note, the tell all episode is a fabulous platform for our host, Chris. I've never seen him so empowered. He had an actual role and purpose. He really came out of his shell, and it turns out he can be snide. Who knew?
  • I was so happy to see crazy McCarten again. I loved when we got a reprise of that bi%$#iness we could always count on her for when Chris asked her about her reputation of being a bully. She explained it as a by product of her extreme maturity. This catalyzed a little on-stage fight which ended with Sarah calling McCarten a little skank. As I was filled with nostalgia for those early cat-house days, Terry pointed out that much like politicians are, by nature, liars, the girls on this show are, by definition, skanks.
  • Hillary was a great sport. She had to watch all those clips of the most dramatic exit ever (which demonstrates how bat-sh*#$ crazy she is) in front of a live audience. Did you notice they clapped after the clip was shown, by the way? What was that!? Anyway, Hills laughed it off. That takes guts. Or really good medication. And then, there goes Chris with his new streak of sarcasm. After Hill laments that she wished Brad had just told her he wanted to be friends, Chris shoots back, "I think he could have written it out in sky writing and you would have said, 'Oh look, he's proposing!'" Later when Brad comes out, Hillary gets an apology which ends with Brad's assurance to Hillary, "I think more highly of you than you realize". She smiled in a way that said, "Oh my God, I'm so excited that we're dating again."
  • Bettina's revisionist history recount of her hometown date indicated the public humiliation she endured had sent her over an emotional precipice and caused a rift with reality. She stated Brad was too defensive in the face of what she felt was a reasonable line of questioning by her family. How can she defend those people and their abhorrent behavior? A team of family therapists needs to get over to her dad's house immediately and coach Bettina out of her emotional dependency issues.
  • I truly loved when Chad came out and admitted what we all thought from day one: "We don't look anything alike." Meanwhile, I think he's married, but Chad and Sheena could not keep their hands off each other. I was cringing for Mrs. Chad as he went on a scree of how classy and elegant Sheena is.

That's all I got. Just a few thoughts. But the positive side of such a delay is that it's already Bachelor time again. Can't wait to meet Brad's momma ...

3 comments:

John said...

I can relax now. Phew! I was worried about not getting the Joan-view on all this.

Bettina's lack of awareness and defensiveness about her family were so painful I had to pause it and compose myself. "What a shame that someone so hot, is so dumb". I thought Hillary came off as less likely to be boiling a bunny in the bar kitchen - which was good, I was afraid for Brad.

I was amazed at how the girls at the end all thought our favorite cheerleader would win. Chris didn't say "Who do you want to win?", he said "Who will win?". They all let their catiness cloud their judgement.

I stand firm that this is a runaway for DeAnna. I feel bad for the producers that have to work hard to create drama where there is none. I guess they will have to leverage the scene of Brad and Jenni turning out the lights one last time so he could "be sure" of his decision.

JAV said...

John - I agree with you on the DeAnna call. But I think there will be a lot of tears and a lot of "I'm afraid of how strong my feelings are" speeches first - so that will be fun.

As I mentioned to you already - I think you should blog on The Bachelor. A guy's POV on the whole thing could be very enlightening...

jv

Anonymous said...

OMG I would so TOTALLY read a guy's blog on the Bachelor! I still won't watch the show, but between Joan & John I'd have the 360 degree report!