Saturday, May 5, 2007

General Lee Update

I posted earlier that the General Lee was on the ebay blocks. Here's an update as reported by TMZ...

John Schneider's personal General Lee, the 1969 Dodge Charger from the "Dukes of Hazzard," sold today on eBay for a shock-absorbing $9,900,500.00! Car-ching!
John Schneider General Lee
The sale marks the second highest finish for an auto auction, the first being the $11 million 1987 sale by Christie's of a 1931 Bugatti originally owned by the Bugatti family. The General Lee was purchased by William Fisher, owner of knifecollectors.com. Schneider, who played Bo Duke in the series, is currently starring in his own family film called "Collier & Co. -- Hot Pursuit!"

Schneider tells TMZ, "It just proves that when you clean out your garage, be very, very careful about what you throw away!"

The eBay page of the General Lee auction received over one million hits during the week-long listing. ON Saturday, Schneider is taking the car for one last spin, to fulfill a Reel Angels wish for an ill child who wanted a ride.

7 comments:

eschaer said...

Wow!! I can't believe that Bo Duke just made $10 million selling that car. That is nuts! I don't know what I thought about John Schneider before, but now I realize that he is obviously a genius! If I was Tom Wopat, I don't think I would be able to sleep at night!! Why did Bo get the car anyway?!

My uncle once had a client who owned one of the original batmobiles. (I think there were two of them). I wonder how much that would fetch?!

I hope he insures that car for $10 million before he takes it out for its last ride!

JAV said...

Did you ask your uncle to borrow the batmobile so you could have the coolest 10 year old birthday party ever?

eschaer said...

Unfortunatley, I was about 25 years old at the time! Maybe I could have borrowed it to pick up girls though??

However, the owner's daughter did have possibly the coolest ONE year old's birthday party which I attended..

Here is a link to the batmobile story.He bought it for less than $200,000 in 1989!

http://www.javelinamx.com/Batmobile/chinery1.htm

JAV said...

What a character! I like the interchange with Trump.

Anonymous said...

Somthing about this "last ride" story just doesn't add up...fulfilling a request from an ill child? When was the last time the Dukes were on TV, even in syndication? Are there truly any children today who even know who they are?

--Ali

JAV said...

Jessica Simpson has recruited a whole new generation of Duke loyalists. But I agree - there is something fishy about this scenarios.

eschaer said...

Now it all makes sense! I just read that the car is actually signed by the entire cast! The signatures of John, Tom and especially Catherine Bach, must be worth a cool $50 or so...thus, making the winning bid seem much more reasonable.