Monday, June 25, 2007

I ordered this?

I went to Fatty Crab for dinner with Terry the other night. It's a Meat Packing District place, so of course, our waiter was an out-of-work-actor-Ashton-Kutcher-wannabe with no evident knack for hospitality services, and the music was too loud (I sound like I'm 107 years old).

Ashton told us the specials and I could only hear every other word of his description of the appetizer du jour. From what I did hear, I knew it involved pork and beef and some manner of sauce. Fatty Crab being an Asian place (think an updated version of the old Saigon Grill), I'm envisioning an approximation of satay. I say, "Sounds good."

Do you know what the appetizer was? Mini hamburgers. We're in an Asian fusion place and I order mini hamburgers. Perfect.

I need to take a lip reading course. Stat.

(PS: I got in a debate with Terence on the way home about whether the mini hamburgers were off-Brand or not. I say yes, although I acknowledge the hipsters that frequent the place would buy them by the dozen at 2 am. Still, I ask you, would you expect mini hamburgers to go along with this menu? I'm just saying.)

No comments: