Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Still here!

I've gotten a lot of emails expressing concern since I haven't posted in a while. Thanks for worrying, guys - I'm completely fine!

I was away from my computer for a few days because I was in my home town for the weekend visiting with a group of my closest friends from high school. We have an annual weekend every summer hosted by one of us. This year was local (Port Washington), so I was able to go. We did a lot of reminiscing including a reenactment of the picture we placed in the ad section of our senior year book (poster size of the original is at the base of the stairs).


I personally believe the last two decades have been exceptionally kind to all of us. With age we've gained the valuable wisdom that electric blue eyeliner and frosted pink lipstick are not flattering. Having said that, we did agree that we may have been on to something with those bannana clips. The long haired amongst us may try to bring them back.


It was so much fun - and worth every minute of the resulting recuperative down time required by a serious case of sensory overload. I have been asleep on the couch nursing a headache since Sunday, but I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

Thanks, girls! Can't wait for next year...

6 comments:

Vicki said...

Joan
You were such a trooper. I can't believe you made it through the rigorous boat ride and night at the bar!!! It was so great seeing you out and about doing normal things again!! You have been down such a long road and have started seeing the end - FINALLY!!!
Can't wait until the next gathering & the 20 year photo re-shoot!!!
Vicki

eschaer said...

I love the photo re-enactment. What a great idea! The hair is priceless!!

JAV said...

Vicki - so great to see you. It was so much fun. And yes, I'm very happy to be getting out amongst the living again!!

xo

JAV said...

Eric - you have no idea the depths of the hair issues. Let's just say I spent a considerable amount of my disposable income on hair products in the 80s.

Anonymous said...

I was going thru Joan withdrawal! I think I've gotten hooked on your blog - I look forward to your comments.

What are we going to do when you go back to work? You'll have to make the time to keep this up!!!

JAV said...

HP - I too am worried about work interfering with my blog schedule! I'll find a way to work it out ;) Thanks for continuing to read.
BTW - my weekend travels took me past the ongoing construction of the new Mets Stadium. It's going up fast!