Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Shopping Therapy

If all goes well at my doctors appointments next week, I'll be headed back to work next Thursday. Realizing I'll have to start wearing something other than yoga pants every day is putting me in a shopping frame of mind. I anticipate some plastic flexing in my immediate future.

FYI, here are some sales going on in New York this week:

NYC Designer Sales: June 12 - 20

Update: upon seeing this post, a friend passed along an amazing site that posts all kinds of bargains, sales, coupons, etc. all in one place. If you didn't already know about it, check it out (there are some notables on there right now including Saks and Bloomies):

her.dealnews.com

6 comments:

G.G. said...

Hi Joan, thanks for the link! If you need basics, I just did a post on the great deals happening until tomorrow morning 6:30 am EST - that way you can shop in your yoga pants and not even have to get out of the house! :)

-G.G.

Carmen said...

Hi Joan, I hope all goes well at the appt. I am starting to get cabin fever now. I have been on a few outings, but not much. Take care, C.

JAV said...

Thanks, GG. I have been going through shopping withdrawal. This could be a costly reentry!

JAV said...

Carmen! I'm so glad to see your name! I hope you're doing ok. Yes - the cabin fever can cause side effects such as uncontrollable blogging. Any sounds coming through that ear yet? Continued good luck...

jv

Carmen said...

No hearing on left, how about you?
C.

JAV said...

Carmen - I have no hearing on the right. They discovered during my surgery that they would not be able to save it - my tumor was too tangled up in the nerve. But your prognosis sounds pretty good. I know you said you've got blood supply and the nerve in intact. I know it can take a while for it to come back in a situation like yours - so let's keep our fingers crossed! I go for my first hearing test on Monday - but I think it will be pretty quick ;)