Monday, May 14, 2007

Head case

It does not take a trained psychologist to interpret the dreams I had over the past two nights:

  1. I was a patient on House. I had a bumpy rash sprouting all over my skull, and my team of doctors could not figure out what was wrong. The House a-ha moment came when the doc realized I had a job. All of his previous assumptions were based on the fact that I stayed home all day doing nothing. I woke up before he told me what was slowly taking over my system.
  2. I was signed up for the NYC marathon but was unable to train because of a sprained ankle. I was in a panic because I had fallen behind on the regimented training schedule and I didn't think I'd ever be able to catch up in time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dream #2 is all about those years of paid-in-full YMCA memberships when we were at APL/Lowe Lintas/Lowe. It has been weighing heavily on your mind all these years. Too bad the surgeons couldn't relieve you of this guilt in addition to the tumor. It's a heavy burden. I look forward to rooting you on from along the marathon route. X, Chris.

JAV said...

Yes, my donations to the YMCA. I remember them well. If I do the calculations, I think I paid about $500 per gym appearance (unless you include visitations to the on-site diner. Those cheeseburgers and milk shakes did get my heart rate up, truth be told).

Hey, did you see Sheryl Crowe just adopted a baby boy and she named him Wyatt. You and Renan are such trend setters.

xxoo

jv