Wednesday, May 23, 2007

More commercials

Someone asked me to post more ads.

These are not funny, but I think they are great. Of course, I'm completely biased because I was part of the team that created them some years back. We got written up in Communication Arts and won all kinds of awards including ADDYs and even a Gold Effie (all a big deal in my line of work. Very thrilling).

We hired madman, Tony Kaye to shoot these and he was brilliant. (I know not everyone has had a good experience working with him. He is infamous for many reasons. One of the craziest stories I've heard is the time he had a disagreement with the Agency team at McCann about the ending scene of a spot and left the set without shooting it the way they wanted. He then paid all the actors in the spot to fly to an undisclosed location for a while so McCann couldn't reshoot the ending with another director. Nice.)

Some of these have been airing lately - I know they like to run them around Mother's and Father's Day - and they make me smile every time I see them. I think "Frogs" is my favorite. It really was the first time that little boy had seen a frog and it was just hilarious and adorable. But even better, we got it on film.

Enjoy.

Johnson & Johnson Corporate Campaign

Update: Some have reported issues with the link. If you can't see them from the above, try this one. You'll have to individually click on the "Having a Baby Changes Everything" links from this page.

http://www.jnj.com/our_company/our_videos/index.htm#baby

2 comments:

eschaer said...

I am dying to watch these, but I haven't been able to open them for some reason, either at work or at home?

JAV said...

Eric -

Oy. I'm trying to put the address here, and it's so long it keeps not showing up in one line. Ok, here's the whole thing - but all on one line.

http://jnjplayer.digisle.tv/index.html?http://
metahost.digisle.tv/jnj/20021125/
frogs_56.asx,http://metahost.digisle.tv/jnj/
20021125/frogs_300.asx,4,Frogs commercial - Having a Baby Changes Everything