Thursday, May 3, 2007

Six Week Status Report

I have reached the most important recovery milestone. More significant than the end of brain swelling. More humanizing than the removal of sutures. More enabling than making it up and down the stairs in my apartment.

I have gotten my haircut for the first time in two and a half months. Not an appropriate amount of time to wait for a short-haired girl wishing to avoid Patrick Swayze comparisons.

Last night my hairdresser made the long and lonely trek from the Meatpacking district to my apartment and restored some normalcy to my head. God bless him. He's not only talented, he's compassionate. You can not tell at all that there is a significant chunk of hair missing - completely masqueraded with some clever asymmetrical optical illusions.

Some of you have accused me of exaggerating how bad my hair looked. Perhaps we have different standards - no offense. Thomas said it all when he raised his eyebrows and said, "Well, sweetie, I didn't come too early."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I'm going to miss the mullet! Dang.

Love Thomas!

JAV said...

I will not miss that mullet.