Saturday, March 31, 2007

Movie Review: We Were Soldiers

I am a chick, but I can still appreciate a good war movie. I have seen many over the years that I would even call favorites. We Were Soldiers is not one of them. This is a terrible, over-acted movie with no story and no compelling reason to like a single one of the characters. It was so overdone, I couldn't even bring myself to feel sorry for the widows. It was a totally over-the-top Hollywood shoot-em-up complete with an embarrassingly overwrought soundtrack. Mel should be ashamed.

Terence read the book and said it was really good, but he hated the movie, too. So did my mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish that this movie was the only thing for which Mel should be ashamed
--Babs

JAV said...

Babs -

Let's hope he gave up anti-Semitism for Lent. I gave up my brain tumor.

jv

Tarmac7719 said...

Having been in the service during the Vietnam conflict, albeit not in Vietnam, I saw lots of young men serving, get wounded and die for their nation. They came home to jeers from those stayed home.
It is hard to be so flippant about the subject dspite one's feeling about the main character.

Joe D.