Monday, March 12, 2007

Welcome, Friends Of Joan!


Hello, and welcome to "A Piece Of Joan's Mind" - the blog designed to keep you up to date on Joan Voltz's progress as she experiences the exhilarating joy of preparation for and recovery from brain surgery.

The Basic Info
As you probably already know, Joan has a type of benign brain tumor known as an acoustic neuroma.
She is scheduled to have it surgically removed on:
Wednesday, March 21st,
at
New York University Medical Center

The surgery will be performed by Dr. John Golfinos (neurosurgeon) and Dr. J. Thomas Roland (neurotologist). As a team, Drs. Golfinos and Roland have removed over 700 acoustic neuromas - so Joan is in very capable and experienced hands!


I will do my best to keep this page updated regularly so that friends and family can always have the latest information about our girl and her condition.

While my goal is to update the blog on a daily basis, I realize that this might not always be realistic. Please be assured that if at any point the blog is not completely up to date, it is because I am in some other way devoting my time to the welfare of my convalescent wife.

Either that or playing golf.


TGV
Husband of the Patient

PS: Joan is wearing her Oscar party costume in this picture. An excuse to drive by the exclusive Americana in Manhasset and buy a [pair of] prop(s) for her costume: "The Devil Wears Prada"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

...hello. this is the neuroma, blogging a comment while I have a chance. I'll be gone on the 21st and sitting in a dish.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be auctioned on e-bay!

Anonymous said...

My co-workers think I'm evil....

I was sitting at my desk reading this blog and laughing out loud. 2 co-workers came in to see what was so hysterical. "What's so funny?" they asked. Through my giggles I said "My friend's blog - she's having brain surgery". True Story!

March 21st =
The First Day of Spring
The First Day of Joan's Healthy New Life (tumor-free!).

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog and see you were a patient of Dr. Golfinos.
I also have a AN diagnosed about a year ago. Will have my second appointment with Dr. G in about one month. I have not been treated yet.
Looks like you weathered the storm well.