Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ten, nine, eight, sev...

Ok, making like a tumor and heading on out.

Thank you all so much for your notes and phone calls over these past few days! I am lucky to have so many well wishers. I just want you all to know that I appreciate your support, friendship, love, humor - or just plain morbid curiosity - with all of my heart. I am going into tomorrow feeling completely supported.

Many of you have asked, "How are you feeling?" I know this sounds strange, but I actually feel positive excitement - tinged with fear - but mostly excitement. I am tired of feeling anxious and am looking forward to having this behind me. Within 24 hours, it will be. So that's relieving, and I'm ready.

I'll talk to you all soon, and look forward to hearing about all the funny things I did and said while on morphine. Please keep both Terence and Brendan in line - don't let them mess with me too much.

xxxoo,

jv

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck tomorrow. there are so many people pulling for you. its amazing how much you are sharing and how brave you are. speedy surgery...speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

I love you joanie and i'm thinking about you...Nik

Anonymous said...

Sending boatloads of positive vibrations across the Atlantic in the direction of the Great City. Look forward to talking with you, Joanie, on the mend.

Jon

Anonymous said...

Also weighing in from over the ocean. xxoo

Critics' comment: tumor humor!! who knew it could be so good????