Saturday, April 21, 2007

April Showers

Showering has become daunting since I've become balance-challenged (not enough to dissuade me!). Maybe it's only my current frame of mind, but this Shouts & Murmurs column from The New Yorker, a note for house guests on how to operate a shower curtain, completely cracked me up.

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/2007/01/08/070108sh_shouts_frazier

Update: Very strange hole in the universe kind of coincidence just happened. As I'm finishing writing this post, Terry comes out of his bathroom, looks at me and says, "I need a new shower curtain."

I need to go buy a lottery ticket. (And a robe for Terry.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joanie, I had two less than six degrees of separation events last week. I met a plastic surgeon at my client's party (yes, that's a whole story unto itself). He was a young guy who lived in Dallas. He mentioned that he had done his training at Columbia P&S and lived on the Upper West Side. It turned out he used to live in our building, The Opera.

I saw another client on Friday for a bid mtg. She's always talking about her cousin who lives in the city. She mentions that she's a dentist and is married to an investment banker. It turns out that my dentist, Randi Frankel, is her cousin.

Let's play the lottery.

x, cvb

JAV said...

If we win, we can buy Brit and FedEx's mansion. There are definitely enough rooms for all of us. And Colette can use the dance studio.

xo