Friday, April 6, 2007

Mamma Joan Comes Through with the Dirt

Some of you know my mother - she is also named Joan. My mom reads a lot, and lately she seems to know something about everything. So I should not have been surprised, but I was, when she scooped me on some good celebrity gossip.

I'm a huge fan of the show House (although I should have stopped watching in March. The episodes leading up to my surgery all seemed to involve gratuitous brain surgery shots. In one of the episodes, they literally removed half of a man's brain. They showed it being lifted out of his skull for God's sake. I did not need to see that). That Hugh Laurie character just could not be more cynical and snide. He's irresistible.

So I should have known, but did not - Cameron (Jennifer Morrison) and Chase (Jesse Spencer) are a couple in real life. Who knew?! My mom knew, that's who. They got engaged in Paris in January.

PS: Fun fact: Hugh Laurie was the voice over for the babies in several commercials I did for Johnson's Baby. I never got to meet him in person - we used to patch his voice into a NYC recording studio from the UK. He's not at all like House. Quite gracious.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

House Rocks! Hugh Laurie is simpley awesome. It is a CRIME that he wasn't even nominated for an emmy this past year. Especially considering that he makes best acceptance speech..

Highlights of his Golden Globe Acceptance Speech...

Laurie thanked his costar Robert Sean Leonard ("I can't remember why. He did give me a reason") and "a truly wonderful crew. I know everyone says they have a wonderful crew, and logically that can't be the case. They can't all be wonderful. Somebody somewhere is working with a crew of drunken thieves. But it's not me. They are truly a wonderful collection of people... and they smell of newly mown grass."

He ended by thanking, well, everyone else in the room, the TV audience and the world: "... and of course you! I left you till last."

JAV said...

Eric - I saw that speech. He was so perfect. He is just so endearing - I don't know what it is.

So did you know about Jesse and Jennifer!?

Unknown said...

I actually did know about them (but I didn't want to tout my superior gossip knowledge!). I DO read the Post everyday afterall. I think they make a nice couple. And now they are sort of a couple on the show as well.

JAV said...

Eric, I am not worthy.

I loved the photographer episode in evolving the Cameron-Chase plot. "I always glow." Chase has it bad.