Friday, April 20, 2007

A great day

I have always loved Fridays. But this one was a stand-out.

  1. Could the weather have been better? No, it could not. My mother took me for a walk through The Heather Garden in Fort Tryon Park. Everything was in bloom, and it was truly spectacular. (As I've told many of you, on nice days like today - and especially after long stretches of rain - all the old people get taken to the park to air out. The over 80 set and I in the park with our attendants. Quite a sight. I have these giant Jackie O type sunglasses which are pretty trendy right now. The arm hurts my incision area, but it was so sunny today that I could not avoid wearing them at least intermittently. In the park it was hard not to notice that they are oddly derivative of cataract shields.)
  2. When I wasn't out strolling, I was able to gaze upon the most amazing floral arrangement which I am lucky enough to have sitting on my dining room table. I received it last night, and I think it is truly the most magnificent bouquet of flowers I have ever seen. No lie. It is much nicer than anything I had at my wedding.
  3. My husband is making me dinner. The menu is parmesan crusted baby lamb chops, roasted asparagus and mashed potatoes. Mmm.
Here's a picture of the flowers. It does not do them justice.



No comments: