Monday, April 2, 2007

No Tutoring Required

I haven't seen the first episode of The Tudors yet, because I fell asleep too early to watch it last night. I'll catch up today. In the meantime, here's some JRM gossip.

Not surprisingly, Jonathan Rhys Meyers is rumored to have had a ridiculously long string of girlfriends. Most of them are PYTs, but the list also includes the quirky Toni Colette. Right now, he's apparently back on with on-again-off-again long time girlfriend Reema Hammer (almost 10 years his junior). Page Six reports they were seen snogging at The Plumm the other night. She's a young heiress: her father owns Harrod's Spa and her mom is a famous makeup artist with her own cosmetics line.

Here's a red carpet pic in Italy for the world premier of Mission Impossible III:














Here's a pic from LAX airport last week:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that Mache? (pronounced Mah-key)

TGV said...

OK, her name is REEMA HAMMER? HELLO? Am I the only one? C'mon, Eric, I'm counting on you here.

TGV said...

And one more thing; dating an heiress? Should we be concerned that JRM is living out his "Match Point" role? Keep your shotguns locked up....

JAV said...

Kristin - you are right! She looks just like Maki Markatos! Hmmm......

Anonymous said...

After seeing Bend it like Beckham, I though Jonathan Rhys Meyers would more likely be going after MC Hammer, or perhaps David Bekham himself. So this is a surprise.

Unknown said...

Ok..I dont' know if this makes a difference but it is actually Reena Hammer ("n" not "m"), which I think sounds a little less dirty (I only know this b/c I googled Reema Hammer and google apparently is far smarter than I)

And, no offense, I think Toni Colette is a fine actress, but among a list of romantic links that include Asia Argento, Rachael Leigh Cook, Estella Warren and Scarlett Johansson, I can only say:

Toni Collette???!

Sorry Toni....

JAV said...

Eric - good work on the Reena vs. Reema thing. And I could not agree with you more on the Toni Colette thing. I don't know when they dated, but apparently they both were in the 1998 movie "Velvet Goldmine". In 98, JRM would have only been 21 years old. And not famous. And Toni was at least a C-celebrity then and 5 years older. Plus she has that Aussie allure. Anyway, he's obviously moved in a more vapid direction.

Interesting dirt: JRM says the story got blown out of proportion, but there are rumors that he hit Reena. I think the police were called. Nice.

And anonymous - the internet is full of theories that JRM is gay. Toni Colette is a little mannish....