Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Oh, the drama!

I know they're trying to make Andy look perfect, but he really came out with some bone-head lines last night:

"Let Operation Soulmate begin." It's possible to exploit the military connection to the point of distraction.

"I was excited to see Stephanie ride the bull. She is a gymnast. She has a lot of talent." Yes. Riding a mechanical bull demonstrates huge talent.

"These other women are going to be seeing us dancing over here. They might get jealous, but I think they understand that this other woman needs her time with me as well." Uh-huh. These women are all extremely charitable that way.

"Alexis has very strong moral values and she's very old fashioned." That is why she is on The Bachelor. The most old fashioned way to meet your husband.

"I'm a healer. I'm a doctor. The thought of instilling some pain in people, it doesn't go well with my heart and my mind." That's a very understated perspective. He's spent maybe four hours with these girls so far? I've had conference calls that have lasted that long.

Other favorite moments:

Erin and Susan practicing their approach.
- "You just say hi and then we'll sit down."
- "Okay, you and me will both go hi, like that..."
- "We'll go hey, and we'll sit down. That's what we'll do."
And after all that practicing - they got the hand! Then they had to shrink away clutching their mimosas- how humiliating. By the way - I think their hand holding pool performance and matching rose ceremony dresses could have qualified them for a show of their own had Andy not let Erin hang around for another ceremony. They could have been the new Paris and Nicole. And let me just say - Erin? Really? Andy, I'm disappointed.

The Titanic moment. I can't say anything further about this. That was bizarre. Stephanie T is a wack job who should see a dentist about that overly gummy smile of hers. I think she will be responsible for some fun drama next week.

Tina telling Andy she thinks he'll send her home that night. Get some confidence, girl! Low self esteem is so unappealing! And listen, if you made it past that Star Spangled Banner performance, then why would you think you'd be going home after making the orthopedic surgeon connection? She couldn't even look at him while she accepted the rose. She needs a life coach, not a husband.

Susan and Alexis both literally twitching during the rose ceremony. Susan's head kept shaking back and forth (out of her conscious control, I believe) and Alexis had some serious blepharospasms going on. (That's the fancy word for eye twitches. Ever since having brain surgery, I'm addicted to WebMd.)

Alexis saying with all earnestness that she hopes The Bachelor works out - not the way she wants it to, but the way God wants it to. Please let's hope that God is not paying attention to the outcome of The Bachelor.

And they always save the best for the credits: no less than four girls trying to help each other figure out what fifteen minus eleven is. Simple subtraction was absolutely confounding them. Pure entertainment.

Favorite wardrobe moments:

The sports socks at the triathlon
Bevin's scandalous rose ceremony dress


Can't wait for next week - it looks like there will be a lot more drama.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Joan
I am so glad we mad a believer out of you!! The Bachelor will never let you down.. They also do a bachelorette which is great fun as well!! What to look forward to next: The lines get cheesier, the hook ups dirtier and the girls get nastier. All makes for a great entertaining season!! Can't wait for next week's update..
P.S. Any word on Anna's baby-Daddy? I heard they have to keep quiet about it, is that true?
Keep smiling
Vicki

JAV said...

The microphones are set up outside the courtroom - everyone is still inside. The results will be read in the closed courtroom today - Howard, Larry and Virgie are all in there as is the DNA expert who conducted the test.

There is a possibility that the judge will enforce a gag order that will prohibit the results from being released publicly until the hearing is over - which may not be until Friday.

I'm glued to CNN. Stay tuned...

Anonymous said...

Oh Joan - Where have you been for the past 10 seasons (or however long it's been) - your recaps are perfect!!!!

You can't deny the entertainment value in this show! Some top highlights that you didn't mention:

*The genuine focus on sports & athletics (I swear they didn't just have a triathalon to make the ladies run in string bikini tops).
*Is it really possible to kiss like that under water?
*The staple in every season - always one virgin
*Tessa's sobbing breakdown after knowing the guy for a total of 5 minutes

And, about your comment of him picking Erin - I think he had 2 strong motivations for picking her! ;) vavavavoom

I don't know what I do more while watching - laugh or cringe - it's sooo great! :)

JAV said...

I too can not believe I never watched this show before. Terry and I love making snide comments at the TV - this was MADE for that. In fact, Terry told me not to erase it off the TiVo after I watched it today. But I think Terence feels about The Bachelor the way Andy does about Erin.