Sunday, April 1, 2007

Happy April Fool's, Aunt Mary

Today is my Aunt Mary's 70th birthday. Happy Birthday, Mary Lou! The ultimate April Fool's joke, one of her children was also born on April 1st, so she gave birth on her birthday.

Like my Aunt, those whacky Finns apparently also love a good April Fool's joke. According to the attached article, they host an annual wife-carrying competition. I'm going to send away for an application. Uncle Larry, we'll all help you train. That title is yours next year!

http://www.economist.com/daily/news/displaystory.cfm?story_id=8769141

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi joan. glad everything went so well. by the sounds of this blog, you're already back to your old self. - you're amazing.

when all this is said and done, you may want to consider a side career in blogging. you're awfully good at it covering a range of topics from health updates and inspirational stories to fashion tips, gossip, and movie reviews. a real one-stop shop. and looks like you already have a loyal audience.
- stacy

JAV said...

Hey, Stacy! Yes - I'm getting there, slowly but surely. I would say I'm at about 70% now. Much better than I anticipated at this point in the game. Unfortunately, from what I'm understanding from the docs, I'm going to need some patience with the last 30%. I'm a little short on patience right now, but doing my best ;)

And who knew blogging could be so fun!? If you want me to cover any topics, let me know.

Can't wait to see you real soon....

xo
jv