Monday, April 9, 2007

Things are cookin' at CTU!


So it turns out Wayne Palmer has a spine after all! All of a sudden he's much more interesting. A fake nuclear attack: very clever, Wayne. Looks like the brain swelling had no mental side effects after all. (I have ceased laundry attempts, so I think I'm out of the woods, too.)

AND I KNEW AUDREY WAS ALIVE!! Go get 'er, Jackie!

This show is so absurd, and I go along with absolute glee. Apparently New York Magazine has also noticed the absurdity, and they comment in a weekly column: The 24 Absurdometer. It's hilarious stuff. Here's the commentary for last week:

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2007/04/the_24_absurdometer_weve_found.html


24 fans, here's the Absurdometer archive:
http://nymag.com/search/sitewide-search.cgi?crumb_qid=11761712770&other_params=absurdometer%7E%7Eabsurdometer&results_per_page=25&search_type=all&sort_param=pubdate



(I haven't watched The Bachelor yet - will get to it tomorrow while Terence is at work. He's taking good care of me - I can't bear to torture him!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Of COURSE it is absurd!! But I love it! I had a feeling that Audrey was alive as well and when Jack got the phone call I just KNEW it was her! Besides, they already got the suitcase nukes, and we still have several hours left in the day!

And what is up with Jack's father??? Is he going to return to save jack at some point??

My favorite part from last week was Tom turning the tabels on the VP...That was sweet.

Anonymous said...

Hey incredible person. You crack me up. Sent the 24 site on to all my 24-fan friends. I'm sticking with House and Boston Legal -- it's all I have time for (so say thanks to Joan-the-mother for the House gossip).

Went to the ENT because I'm hearing notes in my ear (G & F actually). I have to go back -- he mentioned your condition, so I told him about you and said, "wouldn't that be funny if we had the same thing?" He looked at ME funny. OK, wrong word choice. But I don't think it will be the same thing.

Keep up the good work. We love you guys. And we don't care about your hair -- just you!

Love,
Liz

JAV said...

Eric - yes, Tom has turned out to also have a spine. Who knew? I'm with you, as soon as that phone rang - I looked at Terry and said, "Audrey is alive!"

Yes - I don't think we've heard the last from Jack's father. Also, I think the Milo story is about to get interesting. I have a feeling he's shady. So is Morris if you ask me.

JAV said...

Liz -

I'm so glad you went to the doc! Most people ignore those tones for a long time. (I did!) I hope it turns out to be nothing - but if it's what I have, then you'll have a personal coach. And yes, that would be hilarious ;)

I also love Boston Legal. That Denny Crane is just too outrageous. And Terry looks like James Spader - don't you think?