Sunday, April 8, 2007

Congratulations, Zach!

31 year old Zach Johnson won the Masters today at 1 over par (tied for the highest winning score in the history of the tournament).


My favorite 2007 Masters moments:
  1. When Tiger (not realizing he was on camera?) screamed at his caddy for misreading the wind and calling the wrong club on 17. This very well may have cost Tiger the green jacket.

  2. When Zach Johnson, in response to a question about how having a baby in January had changed him, responded with with no guile whatsoever that it had given him a new appreciation for women and mothers. I wish Hootie had not yet retired simply so he could have heard that statement uttered in the hallowed halls of Augusta first hand. I'm sure it wasn't lost on Billy Payne.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ya know, I was so disappointed that the Aussie didn't win, but I really think it was his hair that did him in... those black roots showing through, just not good. And I was just a disappointed that the win then didn't default to Tiger, after all, he is the greatest. But I am happy it didn't go to Phil the Goof, and the guy that won it with Jesus all the way, well, good on him, and an appropriate result for an Easter tournament.

JAV said...

Gribbzie!

My mom commented on the roots as well! He reminds me of Greg Norman. The (blonde?) hair, the Aussie thing, his frame, the whole thing.

I'll call you later today - can't wait to see you and Fi!