Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Trash TV

Ok, I finally watched my first episode of The Bachelor ever. I don't know why I never watched this show before - it is pure entertainment. Things I loved about this show:

  • I love that everyone is named Amber or Tiffany and is a "financial analyst".
  • I love that someone got so trashed she fell over in her gown (actually, given my balance issues, I shouldn't throw stones).
  • I love that there was a total wackadoo in the crew (Kansas Lindsay). I love that she started a fight with the drunk girl. I hate that she didn't make it to the next round.
  • I love that Linda is not only bug-eyed, but she is completely OCD (I think her bug-eyed condition may be caused by her constant high-strung state.)
  • I love that there is a girl from Tennessee who is a "Sorority Recruiter." This is a job? Seriously? You can do that professionally? Who pays her salary?
Memorable moments:
  • What was with the muffin joke during the intros? I was mortified for Tessa.
  • The American Anthem serenade. What was THAT!? And I think he CRIED!? I thought I would die of embarrassment.
  • One of the more desperate measures for attention: the girl with the shortest dress I have ever seen doing the snake on the floor.
  • Lindsay's tirade at the end was some of the most entertaining TV I have seen in a long time. I could have watched that for another 30 minutes. Hilarious.
  • If you didn't make it all the way to the credits, you may have missed the best part: drunk girl rapping. Southern white girls should not rap. Especially not when they are drunk.
This is my new favorite show.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Joan, I mean welcome to the Bachelor!! It only gets better from here. Each rose ceremony will be the most "Dramatic Rose Ceremony Ever" you get to meet the families of the 3 finalists, that is always a treat. Then the 2 finalists get to meet his family. They go on over night dates where they probably sleep togthere then he picks one!! You need to make a pick for your final 2 girls. Who will it be???
makes you look forward to Mondays!!!! Oh, and you didn't even mention the Delorian or Ferrari they put him in to get to the show, I think he was going back to the future!!!!
Vicki

Anonymous said...

PBS, PBS, PBS, PBS! The Economist editorial staff is cringing. Just because the surgeons took some brain material doesn't mean you have to act like they did. Pretty soon you're going to be bleaching your hair blond like the girls on the Bachelor. Regrets to all those with yellow hair. Signed, A caring brunette

JAV said...

Ha! Yes, I am more surprised than most that I love The Bachelor, but indeed, I can't deny the appeal. And maybe some bleach will help with this hairstyle! Next thing you know, I'll be applying for a job as a "Sorority Recruiter"!

No worries - I have plenty of high-minded material in my Netflix queue, and I am reading The Economist to keep the grey matter flexed.

jv

Anonymous said...

As a Southern white girl, I agree. We should not rap. Ever. And if you ever see me attempt that, please lock me up. Miss you sugar!
--laurie