Friday, April 27, 2007

Yeee-haaaw!

I can not tell you how much I loved The Dukes of Hazard when I was 10. My family frequently went out to dinner on Friday nights after a long week of work and school. While my parents leisurely finished their coffee and dessert, my brother and I would be squirming in our seats and begging, "Pleeeeeaaaaase can't we leave now? The Dukes are on in 20 minutes!"

I was in love with Bo Duke. I thought Daisey Duke was the coolest. I thought Boss Hog was the meanest. I never questioned how Hazzard County, a small backwater place in the middle of nowhere, became the crime capital of the world.

Well, if you felt the way I did, and you have a spare half million sitting around, you could be straight'nin' the curve, and flat'nin' the hills while you run your errands in the original TV version General Lee. It's for sale on ebay. Check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=250108256198


My dad could have got us home in 20 minutes in that thing. (Of course, I'm not sure my mom would have agreed to slide in the window.)


2 comments:

eschaer said...

Joan,

I loved the Dukes of Hazzard too! How can you NOT love Daisy (although I favored Luke over Bo).

The reason why it was the crime capital was very simple Joan--Moonshine! They made more moonshine in Hazzard then in all the rest of the South combined I think?!

funny story...I remember having one of my best friends back tin those days, making fun of me b/c I didn't get the TRUE meaning of "straightening the curves and flattening the hills". He was obviously suggesting that it had some sexual connotation. To this day, I still have no idea what he was talking about! Any idea??

Signed,

Naive

JAV said...

Ah, moonshine. The root of all evil.

Apparently, I am also naive. It never occurred to me that straightening the curves and flattening the hills meant anything other than driving. Could your friend have been pulling your leg?

Does anyone else have any insight?

jv