Tuesday, April 24, 2007

JRM in rehab

I'm so sorry to say it, but our favorite Corker seems to have a problem with the drink. The girlfriend beating rumors become more believable, I'm afraid...


Jonathan Rhys Meyers, star of Showtime's The Tudors, has entered a rehab facility.

"After a non-stop succession of filming, Jonathan Rhys Meyers has entered an alcohol-treatment program," rep Meredith O'Sullivan says. "He felt a break was needed to maintain his recovery."

The 29-year-old actor, who costarred with Scarlett Johansson in Woody Allen's Match Point last year, plays Henry VIII in The Tudors, which premiered on April 1, and recently finished filming the drama August Rush with Keri Russell, Terrence Howard and Robin Williams.

Meyers's rep adds: "Jonathan plans to resume his schedule following completion."


Bricks and Stones......may break my bones but names will never hurt me!: Jonathan Rhys Meyers Checks Into Rehab

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Boy, I think I need a publicist!! After a "non-stop succession of filming"??! What does filming have to do with alcoholism??!

Shouldn't it say after a "non-stop succesion of drunken orgies and blackouts" he entered an alcohol-treatment program??!

More importantly, should we be concerned for all those other actors out there that are involved in "non-stop filming"?? How do we stop them? I would suggest doing a PSA but it that just "more filming" that would promote the problem!!

Anonymous said...

So true, so true. I think it provides inspiration for us all. Next time I find myself needing to apologize to someone, I'll just say: "after a non-stop succession of long hours behaving perfectly and with full compassion, I needed to take a break in order to maintain my rectitude." The formula could also be useful when delivering disappointing news to my kids: "after countless days, weeks, and months of catering to your every whim, it is best that I take a break in order to focus on myself in the most compelling way possible."

I'm starting to like this. I'm starting to like this a lot.

--Ali

JAV said...

Oh, and kiddies, by the way. Momma's going on a bender.

Anonymous said...

um, have you been snooping in my Lotus Notes calendar?

--Ali

JAV said...

Add me to the invite. We can show bartenders my scar. Gotta be good for some free rounds.

Anonymous said...

Joan, you know that LN function is way beyond my skillz especially when plastered. Do it for me? Pleeeaase? I'll know you're healed once we've resumed our roles of absent-minded planner and crackerjack account person....till then, I'll feel very disoriented. Could it be the whiskey??

xo,

--A